Government Information on the Internet
The amount of government information available on the internet is an asset to all golf course superintendents. Typically, it is quite difficult to get answers to regulatory questions over the phone, so the internet is an ideal resource. The following addresses provide access to information directly related to golf course management issues.
US Environmental Protection Agency
- Food Quality Protection Act: The Food Quality Protection Act (FQPA) of 1996 amended the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA) and the Federal Food Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA). These amendments fundamentally changed the way EPA regulates pesticides.
- Clean Air Act
- Clean Water Act
- The Emergency Planning & Community Right-To-Know Act: This law was designated to help local communities protect public health, safety, and the environment from chemical hazards.
The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act: RCRA gave EPA the authority to control hazardous waste from the "cradle-to-grave." This includes the generation, transportation, treatment, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste. RCRA also set forth a framework for the management of non-hazardous wastes.
- Current legislation in Congress
Occupational Health & Safety Administration US Dept of Labor
- Hard hat information
- Hazard communication guidelines
- OSHA Handbook for Small Businesses
US Occupational Safety & Health Review Commission
- The Occupational Safety and Health Review Commission (OSHRC) is an independent Federal agency created to decide contests of citations or penalties resulting from OSHA inspections of American work places.
CO Department of Public Health and Environment
- Hazardous materials and waste management
- Pollution Prevention Program
- Emergency Management Program
- Water Quality Control Division
- Air Quality Program
Northwest Division of the Army Corp of Engineers
- Wetlands permitting and regulations
US Fish and Wildlife Service
- Canada Goose Management Information
CO Dept of Ag, Division of Plant Industries
- Rules and Regs pertaining to the Pesticide Act, Title 35 Article 9
- Rules and Regs pertaining to Commercial Fertilizers and Pesticides at Storage Areas and Mixing and Loading Areas, Title 25 Article 8
- Rules and Regs. related to the Colorado Weed Management Act: Noxious Weeds
- Rules and Regs related to the Pesticide Applicator’s Act, Title 35 Title 10
- Chemigation Act
GCSAA Government Relations
- GCSAA 2001 Legislative and Regulatory Agenda: outlines the legislative and regulatory "priority issues" for GCSAA
- Compliance Corner: Tools to help you stay in compliance with the laws and regulations.
- Environmental Desk Reference: environmental statutes and local ordinances that may impact golf course operations.
- Greens and Grassroots: bills and regulations affecting the industry
- State Bill Tracking: current legislation for regions and states
- Links to other regulatory web site