Board of Trustees
GFC Memorial Scholarship
The Golf Foundation of Colorado, Inc., Scholarship Program was developed to recognize outstanding students at any accredited institute of higher learning who are planning careers in golf course management, turfgrass management, turfgrass science or other golf industry-related careers. An annual award of $2000 will be funded by the GFCO, Inc. and administrated by the GFCO, Inc. Board of Trustees.
Applications will be reviewed by the GFCO, Inc. Scholarship Committee and all decisions will be final. Applicants will be notified by mail of their status. Application deadline will be May 1 of each year. Applicants will be notified of their status by mail prior to July 1 of the year submitted. All scholarship award checks will be made payable to the applicant and his/her educational institution.
Click here to download application
- Eligible applicants must either be a COLORADO RESIDENT attending school anywhere in the United States as described in #4 below, OR a NON-COLORADO RESIDENT attending an institution in COLORADO as described in #4 below.
- An applicant must be an undergraduate student and currently enrolled in a two or more year accredited program. (Seniors graduating prior to the application deadline of June 1 are ineligible.)
- Applicants must have completed the first year (24 credit hours or equivalent) in a program related to golf course management, turfgrass management, turfgrass science or other golf industry-related degree.
- The student must be enrolled full-time at an accredited institution of higher learning (college or university), accredited technical college, community college two-year program or other educational-related endeavor deemed appropriate by the committee.
- Any number of students from the same family may apply, but only one student per family will eligible to receive an award each year.
- Awards may be granted to past winners in consecutive year(s).
- Relatives or children of the GFCO, Inc. Scholarship Committee or its Board of Trustees are not eligible for this program.
Criteria for Selection:
- Applicants will be evaluated based on academic achievement, potential to become a leading professional, extracurricular activities, community involvement, and employment history.
- The student must submit an original essay of up to 500 words. The essay must be original and not previously submitted to the GFCO, Inc. Scholarship Committee.
- A written recommendation from a current academic adviser is required using the Academic Adviser's Report Form.
- Financial need is not a factor in the selection.
How to Apply:
Students must complete and submit the attached application form and supply the following under one cover:
- Official transcripts from all universities and post-secondary schools attended that include grades from the last completed semester.
- The Academic Adviser's Report completed by your academic adviser or the head of the department at the school that you currently attend. The form should be in an envelope sealed by the adviser and mailed with your application.
- Typed original essay component must not exceed 500 words, and has not been previously submitted to the GFCO, Inc. Scholarship Committee.
- All applications must be postmarked by May 1st of the year of application.
- Additional application forms can be obtained from Golf Foundation of Colorado, Inc.
- Please follow instructions exactly.
- Send the application packet to:
The Golf Foundation of Colorado, Inc.
3030 West 81st Avenue
Memorial Scholarship Previous Winners
2012 Recipient: Michael Hillard - Front Range Community College